Motorhome laundry and drying can be a chore especially when its not sun shining. Limited space and no where to hang it? If you stay on a campsite you are probably permitted to hand out your washing but if you stay on an aire or wild camp then you are unlikely to have permission to hang up the washing outside. Here are a few tips.
- Create an internal washing line in your windscreen. We use net curtain rail.
- Park your windscreen facing the sun. Fit a net curtain rail in the front of the van, drape over your washing and hey presto, an excellent way to dry your clothes very very quickly without spoiling the landscape or annoying your neighbours. This works all year round as long as the sun is shining
- Tea Towel Dryer – We have put some small elastic across the front door casing so we can hang up the tea towel. It not only drys it but keeps it fresh.
- That bungie I mentioned, well its great for small washing lines on windows when using with those suction cups hooks (about 50p each in Wilkinsons/Wilkos.)
- We have two spare leads, the retractable type they are very good for an instant clothes lines. They are are adjustable in length to about 30 feet and easily attach to trees, poles or whatever because of the dog clip on the end. I wouldn’t recommend using it with the dog at the same time though, dirty washing just waiting to happen.
We only use laundrettes if we have no choice. When you pay €5 for a wash and another €5 for drying then it soon can mount up. We’d rather spend the money on a bottle of wine!
If you have any tips to share, we would love to hear them